Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Yarn letters

So in a little over a year, me an the mister will be getting married! And of course, we're DIYin it. Yes even the dress (my mother and I are doing the dress), I will post pictures of the dress after the ceremony :).

So after debating it, I decided to jump on the bandwagon of wrapping things in yarn. It's all over every craft site, so I have no idea who to credit the idea too! But whoever thought of it, you're a genius!


I made a pilgrimage to Hobby Lobby ( everything is a pilgrimage from my farm!) I picked up a wooden 'S', two in a pack for 50cents, and a wooden 'K', two in a pack for $1.50 (not fair!). Same size letters, different prices.

A few weeks ago I went to a craft fair and bought a plastic bin of assorted yarn for $10, great deal, since I could have comfortably fit myself in this bin! And in it was yarn that matched my bridesmaid dresses!!!!!


So I followed no tutorial, I winged it, and they came out alright, but I will probably read a few tutorials and try again before the big day!

**anything posted on this blog is for non-commercial use only!**

No comments:

Post a Comment